Tuesday 9 October 2012

New product review: Gnaw chocolate

I love finding new products, especially when those products include chocolate! Even better, Gnaw had me at "peanut butter" which is my absolute favourite thing, even more so than choccy itself. About 7 years ago when I took my first trip to the States, my friend and colleague who I was travelling with ribbed me mercilessly about my peanut butter fetish- I had to go to Macy's and buy an entire luggage set to get all the stuff I'd bought back home. Anyway, back to Gnaw. It's made in Norfolk (or Gnaw-folk) and it's handcrafted and yummy and cool and (wait for it) ethical. Yes. Everything I could ever want my chocolate to be.
So, they support red squirrels, which is pretty cool. And their bars are slim, tasty and filled with treats. Rocky Road is stuffed full of mini marshmallows and fudgy bits, the PB bar has tonnes of tiny bits of peanut in. There's real-life marzipan in the milk and dark bars. They even do sugar-free for the diabetics and dieters (that's me too, but I have to say the PB bar lasted all of 5 minutes and I still have most of the SF bar left in a draw...) I suppose I'm a bit of a traditionalist really when it comes to unadulterated cocoa-based pleasure, so I steered away from the bars studded with red jelly hearts. I'll leave those for you. Gnaw is currently available in a few select shops and from some independent online retailers. I suggest you get in quick, these guys are going to be big. And when they make their bars bigger to match demand, the peanut butter ones are ALL MINE. muhahahaha.

No comments:

Post a Comment