Monday 29 October 2012

Comptoir Libanais


I wanted to do a quick post about our tasty in-between-buying-shoes lunch yesterday at Westfield in Shepherd's Bush. I've eaten at Comptoir Libanais before, but yesterday's offering was extra tasty, and the photos came out really well. I'd not tried their tagine before, but fancied something warming now the winter chill has set in. Aubergine is my favourite veg (don't tell me it's a fruit-the whole fruit or veg conundrum is confusing enough!) so when I spotted a nice veggie aubergine tagine I had to plump for that. The OH went overboard as usual and bought a dip plate as well as a wrap for himself (not quite as visually appealing as the other 2 dishes, hence not shown here) with delicious baba ganoush and hoummus and labneh. The warm pitta and dips were really good, so I wasn't complaining too much about the extra kcals, and anyway, it's Winter so we're a long way off bikini-time.

I love Lebanese food and am really hoping I'll make it to Beirut soon to try the real deal. Until then, I'll keep making my own baba ganoush-which reminds me that I need to do a blog post about how successful my first attempt at the dip was! I'll be heading back to Westfield soon to hopefully try CL's breakfast efforts, the sumac fried egss have got my name on them!

1 comment:

  1. Don't forget the excellent fro-yo from Snog http://www.ifancyasnog.com/
    OK, you were too full but mine was excellent & highly recommended :)

    ReplyDelete