Wednesday 31 October 2012

Foodie Pen Pals-October

This was my first Foodie Pen Pals box and I was excited to see what I would receive. It's a bit like Christmas for foodies, only it happens every month. The idea started in the US by Lindsay who writes the Lean Green Bean and now the UK scheme is run by Carol Anne, aka This is Rock Salt. She manages to match up foodies and co-ordinate us all so that everyone gets a box and sends one to someone else. My favourite bit was actually the sourcing and buying of things for my own box to send to Joan, who is Carol Anne's sister, so I was under a lot of pressure to perform! You can read Joan's blogpost about my parcel here.

Sallie was sending to me and here is what I received:


  • The rather exciting sounding peppermint and licorice tea
  • Stuffed vine leaves
  • Poppping corn
  • Cheese & pumpkin seed crackers
  • Hazelnut cream wafers


And a cute card with a recipe for making popcorn!

The crackers have gone down very well with my OH, and I had a a little taste (I don't eat cheese unfortunately) and can testify to their superior crunch and seedy goodness. I love stuffed vine leaves, and these ones look excellent so that's Hallowe'en dinner sorted. I think we will put on a scary movie and pop the pop corn, and maybe jazz it up with some ghoulish spices, salt and butter-yum.

Thanks Sallie!

Foodie Pen Pals is a great idea and I'm already looking forward to next month when I can send another unsuspecting foodie some of my home-made treats *cackles*. Ok, enough of the Hallowe'en references, I'm off to make brownies with pumpkin puree!

No comments:

Post a Comment