Friday 28 September 2012

Terre a Terre, Brighton

Better Batter with Lemony Yemeni Relish
Whilst down in Brighton for Lib Dem Conference I had the pleasure of eating at Terre a Terre not once, but twice. The first time was a work meal so I wasn't really able to take photos but it was delicious-especially the Cocky Cauli and Ginger Bhajis.
This time I went for the Better Batter Lemony Yemeni Relish (left) which was basically veggie fish and chips (with halloumi instead of fish). It came with crushed peas which were lovely, and they were the highlight of the dish. It felt pretty unhealthy, and whilst it was nice I probably wouldn't choose it again.

Pidgin English
I would, however, choose the Pidgin English, which the OH wisely scoffed. I barely got a look-in, but the brief taste I did have was delicious. The photo on the right doesn't do it justice-taken on a Blackberry camera-sorry! The pastilla-type package was crispy brik pastry (like filo) stuffed with cheese, olives and sultanas (they like their weird flavour combos but, trust me, this one works).

After my halloumi and chips I didn't dare hit the churros, although I have been dreaming about them ever since. Whenever I can get back to Brighton I am hitting those hard-with chocolate and salted caramel dipping sauce? They sound divine.
Frangipane Sizzle Dates
Whilst I woefully dreamt of churros, the OH scranned this plate of Frangipane Sizzle Dates, which didn't come looking as I'd imagined it would. I thought it would be a frangipane tart, but instead it was quite a small portion of marzipan-stuffed dates. Ok, so I didn't try it (and he said it was nice) but it was definitely not churros! For more chocolatey action, check out their chocolate week, running from October 8th-14th
.       

No comments:

Post a Comment