Wednesday 10 October 2012

Kerb-new street food venue for Kings Cross

The Kings Cross street food scene has really taken off since Central Saint Martins came to town. Eat St, a street food-traders collaboration has been really popular, especially with the workers from Network Rail and the Guardian who are well-placed on York Way. Kerb has been set up by some of the people who founded Eat St (which has now disbanded), and the launch party was last Friday. (Their website isn't really up and running as yet so check out their facebook page) I knew I should have gone down at 6pm when it opened but I was busy so didn't make it until nearly 8pm, seemingly peak time. The queues were massive, but I spied tasty-looking fish tacos from Luardos which I am definitely going back for soon. 


Healthy yummies with their v popular scallops

















The reliably good Sorbitium Ices were there, so whilst everyone else was heading for the savoury noms, I hit dessert straight off. Naughty me. I went for a bit of naughty and a bit of nice-date, sherry and almond ice cream and fig & red wine sorbet. The ice cream was like Christmas in a bowl-just like xmas pudding ice cream, and really creamy and delicious.The sorbet was a bit of odd thing to pair with (my fault) but also was a bit grainy, still a very festive non-dairy option though.

The bar was popular too (right) with mixologists mixing up treats for the rowdy Friday night crowd. 
I really wanted to try the doughnut bites with salted caramel sauce from You Doughnut but the line was really long, and they ran out of batter for a while there. Never mind, Kerb is back on a regular basis at lunchtimes and hopefully more evening slots too, so those doughnuts will be mine, eventually!

No comments:

Post a Comment