Friday 28 September 2012

Peanut butter choc chip cookie dough bites

This recipe is from Erin's website Texanerin and I came across it after a naughty friend of mine pinned it onto pinterest. It's a grain-free recipe and has no sugar, so fits my current bill in terms of being loosely "healthy". Well, they don't taste healthy, but since the main ingredient is chickpeas (yeah, weird right?) I guess they sort of are. It makes for a bit of a wet texture, but I am seriously impressed with the finished results-they taste amazing! Melty choc chips and a good kick of peanut butter mean you don't really notice they have chickpeas in them. The recipe makes around 14 mini bites, but I think I might eat them all in one go. Only kidding, but they are good.

Ingredients
140g can of chick peas, drained and patted dry (don't throw them into the sink like I did)
2 tsps vanilla extract
165g natural peanut butter (or thereabouts-this seems like a lot to me, and I LIKE peanut butter) 
1tsp baking powder (I used bicarb, it turned out fine)
90g dark choc chips (I used Waitrose cooks essentials-pretty yum)
3 tbsp agave (Erin uses honey but agave seemed healthier) 

Method

Preheat your oven to  175°C. Combine all the ingredients, except for the chocolate chips, in a food processor and process until very smooth. Make sure to scrape the sides and the top to get the little chunks of chickpeas and process again until they're combined. Put in the chocolate chips and stir it if you can, or pulse it once or twice. The mixture will be very thick and sticky. With wet hands, form into 1 1/2" balls. Place onto a piece of parchment paper. If you want them to look more like normal cookies, press down slightly on the balls. They don't do much rising. Bake for about 10-15 minutes. Yields about fourteen 1 1/2" cookie dough balls.

No comments:

Post a Comment