Monday 27 August 2012

Bratislava street art

In between scoffing and sightseeing I managed to spot a few bits of street art in central Bratislava. Always an interesting juxtaposition in a beautiful, quaint city.

Space cadet hedgehog & his pal
I assume this (left) is wheatpasting, which someone has helpfully tagged with a word I can actually understand! I think it adds to the character of the piece, but I wonder what the original artist thinks?
 The beaver was part of one of my favourite piece of street art, the rather ghoulish full tag you can see below. He looks like he's spraying the name himself, and is pretty cute. His mate Owl is hanging out on the decrepit street, signing the way to Bratislava. I bet those two get up to some high-jinks come nightfall.

 The "gay" tagged sticker was added onto this child-like series of photo-negative images. Maybe they were done by local school kids?
Bus station big-nose

Am I wrong to think this is kind of cute? These two can do my decorating any day

No comments:

Post a Comment